Using Live Drive the manager can:
- Set off a tone on the phone to inform the driver something urgent has happened and they need to engage.
- See where the driver is, how fast they are going and if need be have 3 tones they can set off on the mobile device to indicate information they need to know. For example:
- Tone 1 could be job canceled
- Tone 2. could be High wind warning/
- Tone 3. Call Dispatch
By using the Tones, drivers are never distracted by words. The entire message will come down from our server once the driver is stopped.
- Safely communicate further information such as addresses that push to the navigation system for automatic re-routing and or text. The systems check to ensure the driver is not in motion before releasing these from our server to the driver.
- Let driver or driver groups broadcast messages to all drivers in the department.
- Create messages to be read later.
To locate a driver using Live Drive:
- Click on the Select Department down arrow to select a department from the list of departments in your organization.
- Select a specific driver.
When done, then click on “Find Me”.
- A map will appear with the driver’s current location (green truck icon) with their speed at that location in real time.
- The yellow icons represent the previous tracking positions of the driver. The numeral under each yellow or green icon shows the speed at that position.
- The map also displays current roadway congestion.
- Click on any of the truck icons to view the street address.
Is our Camera agnostic, secure portal, that consolidates information to create a clear picture as to what occurred when a hard event happens. It is revolutionary as it consolidates information from your Telematics, Phone and your Camera systems, presenting the full picture of what happened when the camera recorded a hard incident.
Coaching is performed in two ways, 1. the sharing of the video and data with the drivers and collecting their thoughts.
Two and new is the self coaching that the drivers will get every day that helps them understand what they could do better.
Set up to use the resources you already have, the portal displays hard events, provides access to view the video and use what ever video viewing software you are using on your device.
Free to use various cameras as well as multiple cameras to capture movie footage of what happened.
PortNexus has you establish either a Dropbox account or an FTP server in our system that you own and link to Sight Verify so that you can view the data and then share it securely with others protecting the chain of custody and privacy of information.
Gather securely comments from the parties you shared with to further your investigation.
Exact Speed Control
- if you already have GeoTab or are planning on getting it; there is a special cable to allow it to talk to the device in realtime. PLEDGE is already coded for it to make it plug and play
Don’t have Geotab
Features for Speed Control
We have added new important features recently for Speed control – we have added the ability to (using the phone) track speed in real-time and set what we call a Grace period from 0 > any time in seconds or minutes. Set the speed overage for the trigger from 0 > and audio warning tone for the driver.
The reason for all of this day in a life, the company setup = I want to know when my drivers are 3 mph over the posted speed limit, and they have been speeding for more than 30 seconds. What this does is provide a warning to the driver that they are now above the posted speed giving them 30 seconds to lower it back to the stated speed and not throw a violation. This will provide for events like passing another vehicle, speed change from the road, etc. If they do not lower the speed, then it will notify management with a speed report. Attached for viewing. This will also capture a video of the event if they are using the phone as the dash camera for further information and coaching.
The other major recent invention was how to solve a situation where you have many drivers per mobile device shared and still know who caused the event and have the agility to manage it. We came up with the ability to have the hard event and or phone interaction create as normal. Still, if they have the multi-driver set up when the event is over, it will use the selfie camera on the phone or tablet and capture a picture of the driver as the credential and attach it to the event ticket. This will allow company contract drivers or pooled vehicles to still effectively coach the proper driver, monitor for improvement, and prove they effectively manage to stop the vicarious liability.
To protect the driver and the organization
Knowing a driver is 5 mph over the posted speed limit is not the entire story. The severity of the 5 miles over is different if it is a school zone or a highway; but how do you know?
With Associate PLEDGE you will know and more importantly, you will manage the behavior accordingly.
With Associate PLEDGE you now can set two important thresholds to control speeding and to control when management is alerted to reduce the clutter.
- Miles or percentage over the posted speed limit
- Time over the posted speed limit
When your driver starts driving, Associate PLEDGE starts monitoring the posted speed limit in real-time. When a driver exceeds the posted limit they will hear an audible warning to remind them if they slow down within the grace period as set by the company, nothing else happens.
If however, the driver continues to speed beyond the grace period, the alert complete with important supporting information is sent to management as directed. This alert provides the posted speed, captured speed, the image of location, and ability to view a video of the road at the time.
To protect the driver and the organization from temporary changes in speed that have not been updated to the posted limit such as construction zones, Associate PLEDGE can also use the camera on Smart Phone or exterior camera to trigger a video recording to provide documentation and clarify any discrepancies.
A safe message may be sent to the driver by any of three ways or a combination of:
- A passive alert (primitive tone, three choices)
- Typing text in the Message Text pane
- Address of a destination
- Then click “Send Message”
The message will not be received by the smart phone until the vehicle speed is below the threshold lock speed with the appropriate stop light time determined by your organization during system set-up. The passive alert, if selected will be heard immediately but the message will not be received, as detailed above.
Once the text/address information has displayed on the mobile device, the management console will confirm the display by sounding an audible alert and displaying a (5) blue bubble symbol next to the (6) colored steering wheel (status) symbol. The Status of the drivers handset is indicated per the (7) color coded steering wheel symbols.
The color of the mobile telephone number and drivers name indicates if the handset is in communication with the PLEDGE server. Red indicates that the handset is not on-line while green indicates to the dispatcher that messages may be received.